I wanted to see if the Apple II could make “Floppy Drive Music” with a 3.5″ floppy drive like all those fancy Arduino controllers do. Turns out, it certainly can.
- Platform Requirements: Any 1Mhz Apple // with a Game IO Port and a standard IBM-style 3.5″ Floppy Drive. (No, it doesn’t use the native Apple II drives to make music. That would be sacrelige.)
- Application Language: Applesoft and 6502 Machine Language
- Interface Language: English
- Version 1.0 – 210 kb Zip File
- 140K DOS 3.3 Floppy Image
- Project Instructions
- Source Code