Macintosh SE SuperDrive
Also known as Macintosh SE FDHD, this one was a weird little guy: a broken hybrid or parts machine I’ve since updated.
- This guy was used at a local school. It had a built in HDD and external one too. Problem: as received, it could not read or format 1.4MB disks. Reason: it had the updated Superdrive logic board in it, but with swapped out ROMS and IWM chip. Emergency repair? Parts machine? Funky.
Vital Stats »
- Model Number: M5010
- Serial Number: F1029AW9B02 – The 12,589th manufactured during the 29th week of 1990 in Fremont, CA.
Acquisition Data »
- Acquisition Date: Mid 2000’s
- Acquisition Method: Donation
- Acquired From: Client Dropoff
Physical Condition »
- Vitals: Internal 20MB HDD w/ System 6.0.8, External 20MB HDD w/ System 7.5.5
- Condition: Good. Minimal yellowing. Analog board seems a little flaky. Floppy drive works but only in 800k mode due to incorrect logic board. PRAM battery marginal.
- 11 May 2022: Machine has been updated to correct SWIM and ROMS. Analog board has been recapped. Power supply has been recapped. Machine used as a test frame for SE Logic Board repairs.
- 1 December 2014 Machine boots.
- Correct Chip Parts HIROM: 342-0701 | LOROM: 342-0702 | SWM: 344-0062
- Chip Swap Details http://www.ccadams.org/se/super.html
- Other: Original keyboard, mouse and power cord are with machine. None of the associated packaging is present.
Associated Accessories »
- GCC Technologies UltraDrive 20 External Hard Drive
- Assorted cables and software.