An original Mac 128k that has been upgraded to a Mac Plus.
- This was the first Macintosh in my collection and started me down the path of collecting and playing with all the old computers of my youth. It was originally used at Hamilton College in New York, it got to Ohio somehow, just like this computer – but I received it at a completely different time. My memory doesn’t recall exactly, but I believe they came to me separately, well before I started cataloging them
- This is an original Mac 128k that has been upgraded to a Mac Plus. You can tell by A) the front bezel: it doesn’t have Macintosh Plus screen printed on it, B) the Apple Logo is recessed and in the bottom left corner and C) the serial number tells the rest – the Mac Plus didn’t yet exist when this serial number was released.
Vital Stats »
- Model Number: M0001A [on Back Panel]
- Serial Number: F4126A8M0001 The original chassis was the 7284th manufactured during the 12th week of 1984 in Fremont, CA.
- Installed RAM: 4MB
Acquisition Data »
- Acquisition Date: 2004
- Acquisition Method: Donation
- Acquired From: Client Dropoff
Physical Condition »
- Condition: Fair. Yellowing is significant. Has power board issues, causing screen fluctuation and “bend”. Floppy drive has problems ejecting disks. Bad PRAM battery.
- Last Tested Date: 10 March 2014
- Other: Original keyboard, mouse and power cord are with machine. None of the associated packaging is present. Manuals are present.
Associated Accessories »
- Apple 800k External Drive, Model M0131, Serial Y6A0G39
- Apple ImageWriter – discarded, had been dropped and broken.
- Practical Peripherals PM2400SA Modem
- Assorted cables and software.